Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Student-Athletes

I was (for no good reason I can think of) reading an article about a fight at a low-life bar in Scottsdale called Martini Ranch, when this item about past problems at the place jumped out at me:
Tyrice Thompson, 27, of Laveen died after being stabbed five times in the back, hip and arm after an early morning altercation on Jan. 27 inside Martini Ranch. 
Ian MacDonald, 26, pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder. MacDonald acknowledged being involved in a fight but denied stabbing Thompson, authorities said. 
Thompson played receiver for the Sun Devils from 2003-07.
So the guy attended college for at least four years (probably a fifth scholarship year as a red-shirt) and gets a job afterward as a bouncer in a sleazy bar. I'd love to have the NCAA explain to me a bit more about this 'student-athlete' concept they peddle so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment