Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Totally Meaningless News

It has been announced that the Royal Baby, about whom so many are agog, will be named George.

That’s nice, I guess, though in truth I don’t much care. I do note, though, that the parents did not select their country’s most popular name for boys – Mohammed. I can’t figure why not – apparently they are not interested in displaying the common touch.

Having met my daily quota of snark, I will relent long enough to offer my congratulations. I don’t have much good to say about monarchies, but the parents seem like reasonably pleasant people, and babies are getting rare enough in western societies that new ones are always welcome – even if this one was born only in order to keep the family business going. (Oops, there’s that snark creeping back in).

No comments:

Post a Comment