Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sheriff Joe Asking for Money

Joe Arpaio is sending out letters asking for help with his legal bills.
Arpaio said in a letter to supporters that he doesn't have the money to continue paying for attorneys out of his own pocket, adding that he feels "targeted" by the immigration rights groups that have sued him to stop what they say are racist policies targeting Latinos. 
"In some instances I have to personally pay for attorneys to represent me in these cases," Arpaio wrote in an email Thursday. "I do not have the personal wealth or the wherewithal to keep up with the costly demands of paying for attorneys to defend me. 
Arpaio made the plea while awaiting a decision by U.S. District Judge G. Murray Snow on whether the sheriff broke the law in failing to carry out a 2011 court order to refrain from bias against minorities.
Arpaio also wants to have Judge Snow removed from the case.

Joe is unlikely to get a dime out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment