Sunday, October 13, 2013

Looking Forward to Some World Cup Fun

It looks like Ecuador will almost certainly be in next year’s World Cup.

It will be exciting to be in a soccer-mad country during the Cup – something I’ve never experienced. Naturally, I will be spending most of my time shouting ‘USA! USA!’ but it will be fun to have a second team to root for, and to join in the festivities, which should be pretty interesting.

I’ll have to be hoping USA and Ecuador don’t get put in the same group during the group stage – things will be much simpler if they don’t face each other. If both make it through the group stage and meet in the quarters or semis -- well, that's a problem I'll have to deal with at the time. But that would be a nice problem to have.

2 comments:

  1. You got out just in time, you missed the earthquake.

    gardener1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardener: Yes, my flight left about six hours or so before. My timing is not often good, but this time I got lucky.

    ReplyDelete