Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Illustrative Papal Gesture

When Pope Francis was about to give a speech, a little kid wandered out of the crowd and onto the stage. (Some security guys have some questions to answer today, I suspect). Instead of shooing the kid away, as the others onstage tried to do, the Pope not only let him stay, but put him in his own chair.

I'm not yet decided on whether I like the Pope's theological/political positions (nor am I opposed -- I just don't know enough yet). But stylistically, he is doing wonders for the Catholic Church, and as the most prominent Christian to the world's billions of non-Christians or semi-Christians, he is doing wonders for Christianity.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” -- Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment